Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Digital Learning Day

The first Digital Learning Day will be Wednesday, February 1, 2012.  This day is focused on using technology in a way that strengthen's the students' learning experience.  Teachers and school districts are being asked to participate in whatever way best fits the day for them.  It could be as simple as using a new student based website in class that day.

You can learn more about this day and gather ideas to use in your classroom or building by going to the Digital Learning Day website.  I know that digital learning can seem overwhelming to incorporate into the classroom for some, so I like the philosophy that everyone can find something to do to recognize this inevitable change in education.  One of the quotes that I have heard in the last year that really resonated with me and correlates with this day is that "We must teach students for their future, not our past."  It is easy to get caught up in what we learned, or doing things the way we always have...I'm going to take a chance on February 1st and have my class be involved with digital learning in some new way.  Would you like to join me?

0 comments: