Pin It button on image hover

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Everyday Math Algorithm Powerpoints

Have you seen this site with great Powerpoint presentations of Everyday Math algorithms?  The site was put together by South Western School District in Pennsylvania.  I like to use them at some point during our instruction of these skills in class, but I also like to use them as a reference tool for parents.  It makes it much easier for them to understand what their child is learning.

Click on the pic below to go to the home page which contains Powerpoints for partial sums, partial products, trade first, lattice multiplication, and partial quotients. 



1 comments:

Molly Maloy said...

Hi Jennifer!

Thanks for sharing this! I used Everyday Math during my student teaching and loved how they taught the kids different algorithms! I still teach my kids those (even though we are using a diff. program) because I think it is important for them to understand there are more ways to solve a problem, and some students are more successful with the different algorithms!

Also, to answer your question about my weaving project, yes, I cut the plates before giving them to my students. If you use the thinner plates (that I used in my original post for my students) you can cut several at a time, which is what I did! Or if you have a parent volunteer that would be wonderful too!

Molly
Lessons with Laughter