Pin It button on image hover

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Favorite Teachers Linky

This time of year is always exciting for me!  I love the newness and the great anticipation of what could be in the new school year.  I always tell my students how much I love school by reminding them that I have been going to it since I was 5 years old!  Who would keep doing that if they didn't like it?

Part of the reason that I like it so much is the the teachers that I was blessed with during my schooling.  In 2nd grade, I had a teacher named Mrs. Wiggins.  Everything was fun with Mrs. Wiggins.  She made learning fun and different than other classrooms.  Another great teacher was my 6th grade teacher, Mrs. Heagy.  She was so creative and so positive in all of her dealings with us.  I do not remember her ever raising her voice at us.  Mrs. Warnock was a great junior high math teacher.  In her class, I was forced to be organized, follow directions, and meet deadlines.  My high school math teacher, Mr. Frerkes, challenged me to be the best student I could be.  I have never thought so hard or so differently as I did in his classes.

All of these teachers make me who I am as a person, but they also play a large part in my classroom.  We laugh and play games every day because of Mrs. Wiggins.  My students are asked to be organized because of Mrs. Warnock, but are allowed to be creative because of Mrs. Heagy.  Finally, I work hard to challenge my students to think differently, defend their answers, and be all they can be because of my experiences with Mr. Frerkes.  They not only impacted my life growing up, but indirectly are having an impact on my students today!

What teachers impacted you and play a part in your classroom today? Link up to tell us more about all of the great teachers who came before us!




0 comments: