Pin It button on image hover

Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday Made it!




I really do try to make my summer projects be ones that are functional as well as cute, but this one is only for looks.

I am sure you have seen the ribbon chandelier on Pinterest.  Well, I decided to make one to hang over my classroom library.

 
This was my beginning.  I wasn't satisfied with its look though.
 
I had seen one on Pinterest using a hula hoop as a base, but I decided to use wire wreath frames so that I could layer it.  I have a larger frame on the top and the smaller one suspended in the middle.  My room colors are greens and blues, so I used green, white, yellow ribbon on the outside frame and blues and purple ribbons on the inner ring.
 
I decided to add more tulle to the tops of the frames to not only hide the frames better, but to give it a more finished look.  I used fishing line to connect the two frames and to hang the entire thing.  I think it will look cute in the classroom.
 

 
I will make sure not to hang it too low.  Don't want to tempt any kids to pull on those ribbons!
 
 
Thanks again, Tara, for the motivation to get things done in the summer!  I know it will make a big difference when school starts!
 
 



8 comments:

Tara said...

Love this so much! Have been thinking about making one for my room for a while...:) Thanks for linking up:)

4th Grade Frolics

Crofts' Classroom said...

That is way cute! I'm going to head on over and pinterest it!

Tina
Crofts' Classroom

Jennifer Laffin said...

The next time ribbon goes on sale at Hobby Lobby, I think I am going to make this. It would look great in my classroom (unless my daughter steals it for her bedroom first!)

Jennifer
Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

Third Grade Galore said...

Oh my gosh! I love it! I use certain colors in my classroom and this would add to the design. So glad I just found your blog on Made It Monday. Thanks for sharing.

Jeanette
Third Grade Galore

P.S. I'm a third grade, Illinois teacher also!

Wolfelicious said...

These are so much fun!! I am your newest follower!!

April
Wolfelicious

Diving Into Learning said...

This is cute! I may have to make one myself!

~Diving Into Learning

Heather Temske said...

That came out great.
Heather
room 4 imagination

Elizabeth said...

So cute! I love the colors :)
Elizabeth
Fun in Room 4B