Pin It button on image hover

Sunday, June 26, 2011

When You Reach Me

So, today, 9 hours in the car gave me a great reason to do nothing but read.  I had already begun The Book Whisperer before leaving home. I got through a couple more chapters today, and it continues to reaffirm my beliefs.  I can't wait to have a discussion with my fellow book club readers!

I finished two books.  I finished my Scaffolding Young Writers book and enjoyed it.  It gave me some new perspective for reaching my students.  I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to "beef up" their writing workshop.


Finally, I read my new novel, When you Reach Me by Rebecca Stead.  It was a good book.  The mystery kept me reading on, and I liked the characters in it.  I appreciated the main character's growing knowledge of relationships.  Miranda was a very believable character.  As a fan of A Wrinkle in Time, I also liked its tie-in to the story line.  I did enjoy the storyline although I thought it was a little predictable.  This book would be pretty hard for most of my 3rd graders.  The plot is a little hard to follow even for my best readers.  I would recommend this book to middle school students--esp. girls.




0 comments: